For over 70 years, the equestrian program has been an important part of the athletic curriculum at Madeira.
国产亚洲日韩欧美看国产|日韩欧美中文字幕无码Designed to challenge both the beginner and the experienced rider, the goal of the program is to develop self-assured and disciplined riders capable of participating in a wide range of equestrian activities. Instructors are committed to assisting each rider develop her talents and skills and achieve a sense of individual accomplishment.
国产亚洲日韩欧美看国产|日韩欧美中文字幕无码Students enrolled in the program receive activity credit and are scheduled to ride two times per week. Instruction in hunter seat equitation and stable management skills are incorporated in the regular curriculum. Students are encouraged to spend time at the stables and have the opportunity to ride independently outside of class. Riders may enroll by season or for the entire year.
Madeira fields a varsity riding team. The team competes at Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) competitions in addition to local and USEF- rated horse shows. IEA offers the opportunity for riders of all levels to compete and qualify for regional, zone, and national finals. Its unique format also prepares riders for college riding and provides a team experience in what is typically an individual sport.
Students compete at a number of local and USAF horse shows during the year including Middleburg Classic, Washington International, Duke Benefit, Lexington Spring Series, and Upperville.
A number of on-campus horse shows and clinics are held throughout the year.
- IEA team qualified for Regional and Zone Finals
- 11 riders qualified individually for IEA Regional Finals
- 5 riders qualified individually for IEA Zone Finals
- ANRC Junior Individual National Champion
- ANRC Junior Novice Individual Reserve National Champion
- Qualifiers for MHSA Hunt Seat Medal Final, Giitings Medal Finals and USHJA Zone 3 Hunter Finals
- Champions won at HITS Culpeper, Lexington, Maryland Horse and Pony, and Loudoun Benefit Horse Shows
- Two individual riders qualified for IEA National Finals. One finished in 4th place at Nationals.
- Five individual riders qualified for IEA Zone Finals.
- Twelve individual riders qualified for IEA Regional Finals.
- For the sixth year in a row, the team qualified for IEA Regional Finals.
- Madeira riders qualified for Medal, Maclay, NCEA, VHSA and MHSA medal finals. Top ten placings at the National Horse Show and NCEA East-Coast Finals. Top three placings at VHSA and MHSA medal finals.
- ANRC Team and Individual National Champions
- Riders qualified and competed at USEF Junior Hunter Finals, Virginia Hunter Championships, and USHJA Zone Finals. Championships won at MD Horse and Pony Show, The Barracks, Lexington Spring Encore, HITS Culpeper, Upperville and Loudon Benefit Horse Shows.
Program Highlights 2012-2017
- IEA Reserve National Champions – out of over 1300 teams in the country
- IEA Team was high point champion at 6 out of 7 regular season shows, high point team in the region, champion at regional finals, third at zone finals.
- 11 out of 12 team riders qualified as individuals for regionals, 6 individual riders qualified for zone finals, 2 individual riders qualified for national finals
- Madeira attended 30 regular USEF and local horse shows; some highlights include winning championships at Maryland Summer Classic, Upperville Horse and Colt Show, Loudon Benefit Horse Show, USHJA ZONE 3 Stirrup Cup Final, Vermont Summer Festival, HITS Culpeper Show, Maryland Horse and Pony Show, Turner Farm Horse Show, WBTA Horse Show, WIHS Regional Horse Show, Duke Charity Horse Show, Stonewall Horse Show, Hollins Spring Welcome Show, Barracks Horse Show, Raleigh Spring Horse Show, Showplace National Horse Show, Lexington National Horse Show. Riders also qualified for USEF Pony Finals, Washington International Horse Show, Gittings Medal Final, and VHSA Medal Final.
- ANRC teams qualified for national finals. The ANRC Novice team were overall National Champions, ANRC Open team finished overall Reserve National Champion.
- Six regular season championships - Finished the regular season with the highest points of any team in the region and zone.
- Seventh place team finish at IEA Nationals out of 1300 teams in the country.
- Finished 2nd at Zone Finals in competition against the top teams from MD, VA, WV and NC.
- 15 riders qualified as individuals for IEA regional finals, seven riders qualified IEA Zone Finals and three riders qualified as individuals at Nationals.
- Freshman rider Bridget Vaughey finished Reserve Champion in the Individual Junior Varsity Beginner Flat at IEA Nationals.
- Multiple championships won at USEF Premier-rated horse shows, including HITS Culpepper, Upperville, Lexington, Raleigh, and Middleburg.
- IEA team won six regular season championships.
- IEA team and 17 Madeira students qualified for IEA Regional Finals.
- 4 students qualified for IEA Zone Finals.
- 3 students qualified for IEA National Finals.
- Emily Leins '17 finished 7th at IEA National Finals.
Multiple championships won throughout the year at USEF Premier-rated horse shows including HITS Culpepper, HITS Saugerties, Lexington, and Loudon
- IEA team won five regular season championships
- 14 Madeira students qualified for IEA Regional Finals. Five students qualified for IEA Zone Finals.
- Sixth place Individual Junior Varsity Beginner Flat at IEA National championships
- Multiple ribbons and championships won at shows such as Upperville, Swan Lake, HITS Culpeper, and the Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival
- IEA team won five regular season championships
- 12 Madeira Students qualified for IEA Regional Finals. Four students qualified for IEA Zone Finals
- Won IEA Regional team championship.
- National Champion Individual Junior Varsity Beginner Flat at IEA National championships.
For questions regarding the Equestrian Program at Madeira, including horse donations and boarding, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See All News
April 17, 2020
国产亚洲日韩欧美看国产|日韩欧美中文字幕无码This Spring, The Madeira School recognized four outstanding student-athletes on their commitment to further both their academic and athletic careers this…
January 17, 2020
Check out the latest results from Equestrian, Basketball, Climbing, and Swim and Dive
December 13, 2019
12/7/2019 – Hazelwild IEA Show Results
Open: Tara M ’22 6th o/f 6th flat
Intermediate: Eliza C ‘20 3rd o/f (qualified) 2nd flat
Izzy M ‘21 4th…